TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder

T.A.B. is an interactive fiction/text adventure program for Windows and made with thinBasic.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year 2024!
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 71
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 12:17 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 10:23 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 4:08 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 am by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 2:32 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 8:47 pm by catventure

Share | 

RE: C.A.T VS T.A.B

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stants
Experienced Adventurer
stants

Number of posts : 71
Humor : I shall tear your soul Apart!!!!!
Adventure Points : 32
Registration date : 2009-09-16

RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B Empty
PostSubject: RE: C.A.T VS T.A.B   RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi there. I have Cat(creative adventure toolkit) and TAB(thinbasic adventure builder). I was just wondering which program is better? I want to write an adventure game but im not sure which application to use. Can you make a stand alone exe file with TAB or has that not been implemented yet??? Is Tab better than CAT and why??? What advantages does TAB have over cat?? I want to create an adventure but its not worth me writing it in TAB if its not ready yet. Is CAT a good text adventure program to write in or can you recommend other programs. I also have quest pro which seems pretty good but it lacks character support. Has anyone ever created an adventure game with Creative adventure toolkit?? When is TAB going to be completely ready???
Back to top Go down
catventure
Admin Adventurer
catventure

Male
Number of posts : 404
Humor : Enjoys a laugh!
Adventure Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-08

RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE: C.A.T VS T.A.B   RE:  C.A.T VS T.A.B I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello Stants.

Forget CAT. It is older system and has problems running on some Windows OS. Also it is now no longer being actively used or supported any more.

Even though TAB is still in development it is perfectly possible to create a standard text adventure right now using it.

You might be interested to know that you can make the TAB Adventure Player automatically load and run your finished adventure game datafile by simply naming the datafile to "autorun.tab" and placing it in the same folder as the freely distributable TAB Player that is used to play TAB games.

(although at moment there is reported problem with this for games that have overlong introductory text and opening location text - which I am currently working on...)

So when the user clicks the TAB_Player.exe file (renamed to your game title) it would autorun your created game without the user having to go to the Player Menu to "Open An Adventure" and then select your gamefile etc...

Other adventure writing systems you can check out in addition to the one you mentioned are INFORM, TADS and ADRIFT.

Phil.
Back to top Go down
https://adventure.forumotion.com

RE: C.A.T VS T.A.B

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder :: TAB FORUMS :: General Forum-
Jump to: