TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder

T.A.B. is an interactive fiction/text adventure program for Windows and made with thinBasic.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year 2024!
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 71
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 12:17 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 10:23 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 4:08 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 am by catventure

» TAB Version 70
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 2:32 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 8:47 pm by catventure

Share | 

RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
catventure
Admin Adventurer
catventure

Male
Number of posts : 404
Humor : Enjoys a laugh!
Adventure Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-08

RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion Empty
PostSubject: RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion   RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi,

As a little challenge to myself I recently converted a fairly new basic text adventure written by Kevin McGrorty on the Sinclair Spectrum 128k with the Gilsoft "Professional Adventure Writer" (PAW)

Believe it or not people still write games for this platform even in this day and age. You only have to visit the World of Spectrum site:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/

to see it is hive of activity and a thriving interest with many members.

This means that Kevin's game can now be played on a PC without having to use a Spectrum Emulator.

This was a basic straightforward conversion without any enhancements or added vocabulary/responses - but thought it might be of interest to "tabbers" as it does show that these sorts of games can be rewritten to run under TAB.

There may be later changes or additions to the game/story/plot.

The game is called "THE WICKER WOMAN" and is a homage/fanfiction sequel to the 1973 cult British film "THE WICKER MAN" which starred Edward Woodward.

If any TAB user/forum member is interested in playing it please PM me and I will give you the download link.

Best regards,
catventure.
Back to top Go down
https://adventure.forumotion.com

RetroGaming: Spectrum 128k conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder :: TAB FORUMS :: Adventure Projects-
Jump to: