TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAB - thinBasic Adventure Builder

T.A.B. is an interactive fiction/text adventure program for Windows and made with thinBasic.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year 2024!
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 71
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 12:17 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 10:23 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 4:08 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 70
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 am by catventure

» TAB Version 70
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 2:32 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm by catventure

» TAB Version 68 Update
graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 8:47 pm by catventure

Share | 

graphics and sounds directory.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stants
Experienced Adventurer
stants

Number of posts : 71
Humor : I shall tear your soul Apart!!!!!
Adventure Points : 32
Registration date : 2009-09-16

graphics and sounds directory. Empty
PostSubject: graphics and sounds directory.   graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:55 am

OK in the game settings editor I have display mode 2 enabled to show graphics and videos. In the graphics directory box i have /graphics/ and in sound fx directory i have /sounds/ I have a directory d:\StarTrek Game on my hard drive and inside this my graphics directory and sounds directory.

How do I actually get the editor to point to these locations. When i run the editor its pointing to the graphics and sounds directory in the TAB folder.

Can i put the full path in the game settings. ie /StarTrek Game/graphics
StarTrek Game/sounds

Thanks a lot

Stants
Back to top Go down
catventure
Admin Adventurer
catventure

Male
Number of posts : 404
Humor : Enjoys a laugh!
Adventure Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: graphics and sounds directory.   graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:47 pm

stants wrote:
OK in the game settings editor I have display mode 2 enabled to show graphics and videos. In the graphics directory box i have /graphics/ and in sound fx directory i have /sounds/ I have a directory d:\StarTrek Game on my hard drive and inside this my graphics directory and sounds directory.

How do I actually get the editor to point to these locations. When i run the editor its pointing to the graphics and sounds directory in the TAB folder.

Can i put the full path in the game settings. ie /StarTrek Game/graphics
StarTrek Game/sounds

Thanks a lot

Stants

Hi stants,

Sorry. TAB Editor can only point to location of graphics and sound files relative to the TAB folder. (In a finished game directory the sounds dir and graphics dir must be present within the folder that contains the .exe file. BTW, you can rename the a copy of "tab_player.exe" program to YOUR own game name eg: "StarTrek_v1.exe" if desired to put in your finished game folder)
Everything that is needed for your game must be present in the final application directory. (It will also be possible to change the .exe ICON file too so you can have a differnt one to standard TAB "box" exe icon.)

Phil.
Back to top Go down
https://adventure.forumotion.com
stants
Experienced Adventurer
stants

Number of posts : 71
Humor : I shall tear your soul Apart!!!!!
Adventure Points : 32
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: graphics and sounds directory.   graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Now have graphics and sounds in tab folder and everything working correctly.
Many thanks
Kind REgards

Stants
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: graphics and sounds directory.   graphics and sounds directory. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

graphics and sounds directory.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top